The Codesign lab contributes to Telecom ParisTech graduate and Master programs with mainly two focuses: first design research and second design practices.
Course at the graduate program
We are teaching multiples graduate courses:
- SIM206 – Management and design of innovation (Annie Gentes & Myriam DAVIDOVICI-NORA)
- SIM210 – Design: Sketching the user experience (Samuel Huron)
- SES209 – The design space methods (Samuel Huron)
- MIN302 – Information Visualization (Samuel Huron)
SIM206 – Management and design of innovation (Annie Gentes & Myriam DAVIDOVICI-NORA)
Description of sim206 in process.
SIM210 – Design: Sketching the user experience (Samuel Huron)
In this course, through step-by-step instructions and exercises, you will learn multiples design and sketching methods. These methods are useful to design, express, refine, present and critics your (and others) design ideas about user experiences. This course will help you to build (1) a culture of experience-based design (2) skills to better express your design of artefacts, systems and services graphically. To take this course you do not need to know how to draw. However it is highly recommended thinking about a problem or a situation you are engage to during a project.
SES209 – The design space methods (Samuel Huron)
Identifying space of creative solutions is a core skill for product, interface and service designer, researcher in computer science, and technology consultants/advisers. Design space methods provide conceptual tools to map, structure, and explore a space of solutions and imagine new ones.
In this course the lecture will focus on what is a design space, what is useful for, how we can use a design space. Student will engage in surveying existing artifacts and services, structuring dimensions of a design space, exploring and generating new creative solutions. The course is structured around a project-based teaching.
– Generate creative solutions in a constraints space
– Knowing how to setup a design space of objects, services, and others
– Explore a design space to generate new solutions
– Present and represent a design space to others people
Course at the masters Programs
We are involve into different Master programs:
- Master Design recherche ( ENS, ENSCI, TPT) – RED901
- Master Art & Media (Paris 1) – DESIGN901
- Master Projet Innovation Conception (X, HEC, TPT, Paris Dauphine)
- Master Management & innovation (Science Po, TPT)
Master Design recherche ( ENS, ENSCI, TPT) – RED901
This M2 program trains students in design, observation, and research.
It can complete Telecom ParisTech SIM (Strategy, Innovation, Markets)
It is dedicated to students who want to work in innovation and research and those who want to train for a PhD. The program includes methods of observation and enquiries that prepare for the internship and the for the design project. Details:
– Indiscipline of design – to map a design project
– Sciences of conception / experimental sciences : CK theory, semiotic theory, and practices
– The humanities: corpus analysis, comparison. Methods and applications
– Social sciences: interviews
– Social sciences: participatory observations / fieldwork
Master Art & Media (Paris 1) – DESIGN901
Master in Design, Medias, Technologies, Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne University
This Master is open to students having completed the SIM (Strategy, Innovation, Markets) 2nd year program.
What are the commonalities between design and art? What differentiates them? How can we argue that all practices of creation are similar because they invent new objects, new forms, situations, interfaces? How to produce a singular and original object on the basis of a deep questioning?
The M2 “Design-art-media” of Paris 1 – Panthéon Sorbonne University and Telecom ParisTech Codesign Lab train students to use analytical methods and to produce objects of aesthetic and / or communicative value. It closely combines the study of existing devices with the understanding and design of practical proposals or projects. The fields of reference are those of creative, innovative or critical approaches using mediums taken from the fields of art as well as from architecture, engineering, industry, and of course design.
Master Projet Innovation Conception (X, HEC, TPT, Paris Dauphine)
Master Management & innovation (Science Po, TPT)